Meet your homecoming king and queen

By Leanna Coy.

The decision is in, Char Wilson and Rebekah Aultman are Northwestern State University’s homecoming king and queen, respectively.

Alex Broussard, freshman, said he voted for homecoming court. “I voted because I’m excited for homecoming week,” Broussard said.

Wilson said he is honored to have the position. “I’m almost certain I received a noise complaint in University Columns from my high-pitched screams,” Wilson said about the moment he found out he won Homecoming King.

Wilson and Aultman are both involved in activities around campus. Wilson is a member of the Student Activities Board, Pi Kappa Phi, the Spirit of Northwestern and First Year Experience, while Aultman is a member of Tri Sigma, the Baptist Collegiate Ministry, Presidential Leadership Program, Alpha Lamba Delta, Purple Jackets Honor Society, Order of Omega, Phi Kappa Phi, Demon Days and Demon VIP. Both students have also served as Freshman Connectors.

“I want people to look at me and know that there is a story behind the crown,” Aultman said about how she plans to use her platform as homecoming queen.

She said the campus has provided many opportunities. “I want people to know that being involved on campus and in the community will make an impact that will last longer than four years,” Aultman said.

NSU will play its homecoming game against Houston Baptist University on Oct. 27.

Photo by Mekayla Jenkins.