SGA Minutes | Voting process for student body elections, Mr. and Miss NSU amended

SGA President Otha “Tre” Nelson said SGA will release a statement regarding Hurricane Harvey and the damage inflicted on areas across Texas and Louisiana.

SB.F.2017-01 was approved last week by the senate and will be signed into legislation Aug. 29. The bill proposed to amend Article III Section 4 of the SGA Election Code regarding the voting process for Mr. and Miss NSU and the voting process for student body elections in Article VI Section 1.

The Senate confirmed six student appointments to the election board committee for homecoming.

Treasurer Aly Jacobs said three applications were submitted to the Organizational Relief Fund (ORF) and approved.

The Investiture of the Nineteenth President of NSU will occur Sept. 15 in A.A. Fredericks Auditorium at 11 a.m. A reception will immediately follow at the Arnold R. Kilpatrick President’s Residence from 1-3 p.m.

The NSU Alumni Foundation is supplying transportation to the LA Tech football game on Sept. 2. Students can purchase a $30 ticket which includes bus transportation, a student tailgate and entrance to the game.

Sen. Cherish Wilson requested Financial Aid remain open past 12 p.m. on Fridays during the first weeks of the semester.

Sen. Tyler Wright said Sigma Nu Fraternity will host a relief drive to benefit areas affected by Hurricane Harvey.

Tom Rinaldi, author and ESPN contributor, will speak Sept. 27 at 7 p.m. in A.A. Fredericks Auditorium as part of the Demon Days itinerary.

Several senators repeatedly expressed their concern about tropical storm Harvey. One senator asked “what is SGA [going to do] to help Houston?”

Next week’s SGA meeting has been cancelled in observance of the Labor Day holiday.

The Current Sauce will provide live coverage of SGA meetings Mondays at 6 p.m. Follow @thecurrentsauce on Twitter and track the hashtag #nsulaSGA for updates.