Volleyball to host Outdoor DigFest

KATIE BARONNE & DAMARTE FISHER
Contributing Writers

Recently promoted Assistant Coach Stacey DiFrancesco organized Northwestern State’s Indoor DigFest on March 17 and is looking forward to Outfoor DigFest, currently scheduled for May 5 at the Marina.

The winning team of this year’s Indoor DigFest was “Dat Ace Doe,” and prizes were donated by local eatery Lasyone’s.

https://twitter.com/NSUDemonsVB/status/976181765588029440

While not her first DigFest, this was DiFrancesco’s first as a full time assistant coach.

DigFest events are community-based volleyball tournaments scheduled at various times throughout the year to raise money for the volleyball team’s scholarship fund, travel expenses and a new locker room.

DiFrancesco is planning more than just volleyball for Outdoor DigFest.

“I want to revamp Outdoor DigFest. We’re going to have a crawfish boil, raffles and prizes,” DiFrancesco said.

If your volleyball skills are not up to par, it is still possible to support the Lady Demons at DigFest.

“You can sponsor a team and get others to play for you,” volleyball manager Ashtin Youngblood said.

DiFrancesco and senior middle blocker Madeline Drake stressed one of the main goals of DigFest is community involvement.

“It’s a good community event where we all come together, play volleyball and have fun,” Drake said.

For more information about the Northwestern State lady volleyball team, visit the Northwestern State athletics website at nsudemons.com