Athlete of the Week: Victoria Miller

By Leron Massey.

Victoria Miller is a 6-foot junior, athletically, who is snagging four rebounds a game, the second-highest on the team. She additionally is thumping down 46 percent of her shots.

In the previous two games she has snatched an aggregate of 18 rebounds, including a season-high 11 against Lamar on Feb. 13. Other season highs incorporate 14 points and seven made field goals against the University of New Orleans.

Last summer Miller stayed in Natchitoches to work on the court, and she showed signs of improvement. During the last week of summer break, she blew her ankle out during an exercise, tearing almost every muscle in the process.

She was given two choices. She either had to have a quick medical procedure or simply give her ankle a chance to recuperate without going

under the knife. Eventually, she ruled against having medical procedure and enabled her ankle to mend individually. “Surgery was going to take a long while, and I didn’t want to miss the season,” Miller said. Luckily, Miller was cleared to participate in on-court activities again right before the Lady Demons’ first preseason game. Miller is from Carrollton, Texas, a town near Dallas. In high school she helped the Lady Hawks get to their first playoff game in eight years. Victoria was also a part of the National Honor Society and Student Council and graduated with a 4.6026 GPA. Victoria graduated in December 2018 with the most noteworthy GPA in the NSU School of Business after only two and half years as a full-time student. She is currently pursuing her master’s degree and works in the NSU Athletics office as a student worker.