DemonFest 2019 gets students in the “moood”

Dozens of students gathered last Friday night to take part in the seventh annual DemonFest on the Iberville Green.

The music festival, hosted by NSU’s KNWD-FM., is a yearlong process with many hours of hard work culminating in a one-night performance.

Cinnamon Player, senior, was this year’s DemonFest volunteer coordinator. Player said her favorite thing about the festival was getting to see the crowd having fun.

“It’s good to see the positive reactions after all the hard work we put in,” Player said.

The day started with performances from Advance the Light, MYOT, VALE, BluVooDoo, The Sweet Tea Band, Lip Candy and VV$nipes. With bands alternating between the big stage and the small stage, there wasn’t much downtime between performances.

Alpha Phi Alpha fraternity, The Green House Collective, Ms. Charm, Calamity and Rella also performed throughout the evening.

Julie Breaux, senior, said she thought the most exciting thing about DemonFest was discovering new music to listen to.

Festival-goers weren’t limited to just watching the bands. Other activities included making flower crowns, getting dazzled with glitter and coloring pages.

Hailie Coutee, junior, worked as a volunteer at one of the activity stations. Coutee said she decided to volunteer because she “genuinely enjoys the experience.”

The night ended with the festival’s two most highly-anticipated acts: the Seratones and Doja Cat, known for her hit single “Mooo!” The crowd, some clad in cow-themed clothing, gathered as close to the stage as possible while singing and dancing along with the artists.

Some guests took part in a meet and greet with Doja Cat.

Photo by Christian Boudreaux.