Jacob Ellis swears into second term as SGA president

NSU junior Jacob Ellis was sworn into his second term as student body president on Monday at the annual SGA banquet.

Under his first term, SGA achieved many accomplishments including: organizing a clean-up drive for hurricane relief, hosting Leadership NSU, executing the Iberville Green Stage Project and creating a way for students to be involved in university hiring process through student bills.

Since Ellis already has a year of experience, he plans to look into the future and finish what he started.

“It reminds me of why I ran for SGA president a year ago,” Ellis said. “I want to make a difference in the lives of students. I believe in the students of today. I believe that our students are the future.”

Ellis is entering his senior-year term with one main goal in mind: To leave a legacy for himself and pave the road to success for other students.

2019 Senator of the Year Virginia Falgoust thinks that Ellis will leave a great legacy at NSU.

“I think Jacob’s legacy will be always putting the students’ needs first,” Falgoust said “He’s always making sure that any decision made is in the best interest of the students and NSU. He genuinely cares about the well-being of his fellow Demons.”

Nick Hopkins, sophomore business administration major and Speaker of the Senate, is looking forward to working with Ellis and other cabinet members for the 2019-2020 school year.

“I know Jacob will continue to strive to advance student interests and advocate for all Demons,” Hopkins said. “Jacob is someone who truly cares about Northwestern State and all students.”

Ellis, a 21-year-old business administration major, swore in at 6 p.m. on Monday in the Student Union Ballroom with outgoing and incoming senators, university vice presidents and his parents among the crowd.

Ellis’ office is located on the first floor of the Friedman Student Union. He can be reached at 318-357-4335, his office number, 318-532-1229, his cell number, or by email at [email protected]