Ask Vic

Ask Vic

Hello Vic! I was just wondering if you would happen to have any tips on adulting in college. I’m a freshman here at NSU, and I need assistance adjusting to life without my parents. Please help!

Don’t panic! It’s common to have jitters the first few weeks of being on your own. Here are some tips that should help you along the way of stepping into adulthood.

Get organized. Being organized will help you in the long run. It will also help you stay in line with your schoolwork.

Practice time management. Getting a planner will help you stay organized while also helping you manage time. It’s so easy to let time slip away from you. Avoid wasting time by making a schedule or set routine that will give you an appropriate amount of time to accomplish everything on your agenda.

Rest! Always make sure that you are always rested enough to complete the task at hand.

Take care of yourself. It is up to you now to make sure that you are not running your body down. If you ever feel ill, you can still call your parents. Just make sure you visit the infirmary located on campus too!

Find a job. Natchitoches is full of places looking to hire students. If you want to help out your parents, step into adulthood by making your own money. This will also prepare you for life after college!