Dress to impress on Purple Priday

Mary Gaffney

Contributing Writer

Do you have nothing to wear for Purple Pridays besides a crumpled up NSU shirt you got your freshman year? Do you struggle to put together outfits that boost your confidence with every step?

Well, look no further because we have the solution you need!

Let’s start out with the basics: purple. It’s obvious, but that’s why it’s a basic.

There are so many ways to incorporate your undying loyalty to NSU and the ghost Isabella that haunts the halls, but finding accent pieces are a good start. Statement earrings have been the go-to for the past couple years, and scrunchies aren’t going out of style, not when VSCO girls are memed to death.

Embrace the summer weather and try bringing out a sundress. Throw on those accent pieces: purple scrunchies on either your wrist or in your hair, purple statement earrings and maybe taller socks if you’re feeling adventurous.

Pair it with either those chunky dad sneakers everyone on Instagram wears, or try wearing block heels to dress it up. The lower and thicker the heel, the more comfortable they will be to walk in.

Not in the mood to dress up? A long shirt is all you need! My personal favorite look is a men’s larger Polo shirt in purple, worn as a short dress, and sneakers. It’s a simple way to show your pride and keep the fashionable vibe.

And if you’re uncomfortable with wearing a shirt as a dress, try either tucking it in to some jean shorts or tying in the front to create some texture. You can even experiment with a new silhouette and wear it over your jean shorts, having them peak through. French tucking is also a great way to keep your waist.

Whatever you decide, don’t forget to show your pride and make sure to Fork’Em, Demons!