Waitr comes to Natchitoches

Waitr comes to Natchitoches

Kathleen Hilliard

Reporter

Waitr is here. Emma Acevedo is interested.

“I think it’ll help me out on those nights that I just don’t have time to go get food or I’m just being lazy and don’t want to go out and get some,” the NSU freshman said.

Waitr is a company that delivers food from local restaurants and food establishments right to one’s front door. Waitr started in Lake Charles and has recently found a new home in Natchitoches.

Waitr is available for several restaurants and food establishments around Natchitoches already, such as The Landing Restaurant, Morning Star Donuts & Café and Front Street Marketplace.

Other locations that are coming soon are Hana’s Steakhouse Seafood & Sushi, Pioneer Pub and French Market Express. All of the delivery options for Waitr can be found on their app or at their website.

“It’s a good idea, especially for those students that just don’t have the time to go pick up food because of homework or other reasons,” Acevedo said. “It’s a nice tool to have.”

“I think in today’s society everyone desires convenience in just about every avenue of their lives,” Bryan Horton, market manager in Alexandria and Natchitoches, said. “Waitr excels in that area. We deliver convenience and great food which is a perfect pairing.”

The delivery service promotes their care for their customers.

“I have been in Natchitoches every day for the last two weeks,” Horton said. “I have met countless local residents, business owners, students, professors, directors and even the NSU President Dr. Maggio. Everyone has been so kind and receptive.”

Waitr has announced a new promo code for Natchitoches. People will have their delivery fee waived through the next week if they use the promo code ‘forkem.’

“I think this will help NSU students in several ways,” University President Dr. Chris Maggio said. “What I am very excited about is that it is an employment opportunity for a number of our students. Several students are drivers for the company.”

According to Horton, the delivery job provides freedom. Employees have the ability to make their own schedule, be in their own vehicle, listen to their own music and not have someone breathing down their necks.

“Most jobs you have to schedule your life around work,” Horton said. “We allow you to schedule work around your life. Most shifts are between three to five hours on average. At this time, drivers are responsible for their own gas, but we provide different incentives they can earn which can assist in that area,” Horton said.

Waitr delivery hours are from 8 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and Sunday and 8 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday.

President Maggio mentioned the great service of those already employed by Waitr.

“Everything was perfect,” Maggio said. “Service was great, employees were so nice and the order was correct. The First Lady and I really enjoyed the Natchitoches Meat Pies from Lasyone’s.”

Maggio was the first university president to be “Customer 0” for the initial delivery in a town.

“Josh McDaniel in our marketing office had the great idea for the first order to be at NSU,” Maggio said. “So, kudos to Josh and our marketing team for coming up with that great idea.”

Horton wants Waitr to become integrated into the Natchitoches community.

“Natchitoches is known for their meat pies, Steel Magnolia home, Christmas lights and of course those fighting Demons,” Horton said. “Our goal is that Waitr can become a staple in this community along with all those other wonderful thing So give us a chance. I promise we will deliver!”