SGA discusses possible new bike racks on campus

Student Affairs Commissioner Bailey Willis is looking for more places to put bike rack locations around campus.

The Student Government Association of Northwestern State University of Louisiana held their weekly meeting on Aug. 23 at 6 p.m. in the Hendrick Ballroom of the Friedman Student Union.

President Tja’h Edwards reported that with the United States Food and Drug Administration approval of the COVID-19 vaccine, as it begins to become mandated, she will be meeting with interim president Marcus Jones to finalize the dates of enforcement.

Vice President Kaylynn Semien reported that senators would begin having office hours in the SGA office this week.

Treasurer Carly Blondin reported that the SGA is getting ready to review and vote on the 2021-2022 budget.

Commissioner Lummus stated that there is an SGA website in the works that will include the promotion of the vaccine on campus.

Jennifer Kelly, director of University Affairs, gave a report on concerns about IncludEd, Swipe Out Hunger, the current Parking situation around campus and vaccinations on campus.

Due to severe weather, the SGA will not meet on Monday, Aug. 30 at 6 p.m. in the Hendrick Ballroom of the Friedman Student Union.