NSU students set semester goals

Samantha Forrest

With 2022 comes a new year of triumphs, challenges, goals and, for students at Northwestern State University, the start of another semester.

Sitting on the stairs of Kyser Hall, freshman vocal performance student Jordan Bevels is hopeful for the new semester. Bevels said he is manifesting good grades and working hard to not fail by attending class regularly and being more present in his studies. Already making great progress, Bevels is optimistic about what the spring semester will bring his way.

Bevels is not alone in his process of making important goals for the new semester. Studious sophomore psychology major Melanie Nation lists her goals for the spring of 2022 as working on her study skills and towards achieving a higher grade point average.

Nation stated she is taking many steps to achieve her resolutions.

“Mainly just working on better study strategies. Spending my time wisely and studying when I have the time, going to the library where it is quiet and there are no distractions and I’ve also learned that working out tends to keep me awake and helps me focus on my classes,” Nation said.

The lower classmen are not the only ones on campus who have big goals set for this semester.

Kayla Bynog, senior nursing major, says her top hope is to enjoy her last few moments in college before graduation.

“I’ve enjoyed my time here and while it wasn’t always the easiest, I wouldn’t change anything. I am looking forward to really enjoying my last few months of college before graduation and settling into real life,” Nation said. “I’ve made friends here that I wouldn’t have met anywhere else and have memories that will last a lifetime.”

Whether it be academically, socially or personally, NSU’s students are working hard towards improving themselves during the Spring 2022 semester.