SGA Minutes | New student body leaders elected uncontested

SGA President John Pearce congratulated Vice President Tre Nelson and Secretary Trey Roberts on their elections as SGA President and Vice President for the 2017-18 academic year, respectively. Usually a campus-wide election is held for the seats, but they received the positions uncontested.

Student Affairs will meet with Chief Caliste from the NSU Police Department regarding the parking situation on campus.

SGA introduced R.SP.2017-03, a resolution that states “that the NSU SGA request all members of the NSU family join in remembering the legacy of Sgt. [Kerry] Anderson.”

During Comments for the Good of the Association, Pearce said the student body population is 70 percent female and introduced the idea that SGA offer free menstrual products like tampons and sanitary napkins in the first and second floor Union bathrooms. “Health Services provides free condoms… so I think that our female students need something as well,” Pearce said.

Ragan Aple reported that, at the recent SAB meeting, members discussed the lipsync entertainment for next year, as well as the homecoming theme.

UL Day is in Baton Rouge on April 19 with activities from 11 a.m. to 3p.m.; NSU will take a charter bus with students to represent the university at the Capitol.

The Interfraternity Council will host an informational on consent culture on Wednesday, March 22 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. coinciding with the It’s On Us Week of Action.