FYE brings student bingo night

Timothy Holdiness

Students Bryce Fonseca, TJ Woodard, Hallie Bloxom, Eryn Sandwell enjoy the Bingo event put on by The First Year Experience Office.

The First Year Experience Office on the Natchitoches campus of Northwestern State University held a bingo event on Tuesday, Sept. 14 in the Ballroom of the Sylvan Friedman Student Union.

Phillip Parker, a freshman criminal justice major, said, “I don’t wanna lose and I’m here to win.”

Parker saw the event on a sign hung around campus, along with numerous events the campus is holding over the next few weeks.

Savion Wilson, freshman radiologic science major, said that while he didn’t win anything, it was a fun experience.

“I knew my luck was bare, being one of over 150 people playing,” Wilson said.

The ballroom was packed, with students lining every wall. Students shouted bingo and ran for the front of the room to claim their prize basket.

At one point, eight students all called bingo at the same time. All ties throughout the night were settled with games of rock paper scissors.

Erin Curry, a freshman nursing major, ended up getting bingo twice, at which point she traded for another prize and said that it felt good to win.

“I like these events because it gets me involved and out of the room,” Curry said.

Residential life was at the event giving out drinks, cotton candy and popcorn which was served by some of their residential assistants.

A majorly popular item of the night was a gift card bag worth over $200.

“Even though I didn’t win, I had a really good time,” TJ Woodard, a freshman biology major, said.