SGA’s vice president resigns

Tyrenisha James

Bailey Willis, Malaya White, Mary Scruggs and Madison Cook attend the first Student Government Association meeting of the spring semester.

On Jan. 10, Vice President Kaylynn Semien announced her departure from the Student Government Association of Northwestern State University at the first SGA meeting of the semester.

SGA President Tja’h Edwards announced that Carly Blondin will take over the role as vice president. Kyle Courville will fill Blondin’s former position as Treasurer.

Edwards reported that a V.L. Roy Service Day chair is needed to plan the day of service.

Edwards also reported that Bert and Det will perform on Jan. 18 at 6 p.m. in the Friedman Student Union Ballroom for Black History Month.

Speaker Mariah Kador stated that there will be a resolution on safety against COVID-19.

Commissioner Cooksey announced that Leadership NSU will take place on Feb. 11 and 12.

Commissioner Willis stated that the deadline for donations for the Warm Winter Gear Drive will be Jan. 14.

Edwards reported that this week and next interviews will be held for senator positions.

Cooksey announced that scantrons are now restocked in the SGA office.