SGA to push for a nightly guard at the Caspari gate

Nina Ovalle

Student Government Association of Northwestern State University of Louisiana approved a bill to close campus gates at 9:00pm and are working with campus administration to make sure someone will be monitoring the Caspari exit guard post nightly.

On March 14, Student Government Association of Northwestern State University of Louisiana approved a bill to close campus gates at 9 p.m. rather than 10 p.m., as a preventative measure in response to dangers on and around campus.

Senators Blake Chustz and Mary Scruggs spoke as primary sponsors of the bill. Senators Chustz and Scruggs announced that they are working with campus administration to make sure someone is monitoring the Caspari Hall exit guard post nightly.

President Tja’h Edwards announced a resolution to encourage students to have a safe spring break. The safe spring break resolution was approved by members of the SGA.

Edwards reported that, in light of promoting Swipe out Hunger, 56 students have been awarded a total of 560 swipes for the spring semester.

Speaker Mariah Kador announced Malaya White as senator of the week.

Senator Amyah Washington reported that she received an email regarding Natchitoches’ V.L. Roy Service Day projects and encourages students to participate.