SGA publishes election results: new administration and senators to be sworn in for the 2024-2025 year

Submitted Photo
The Student Government Association has announced the results of their election for the 2024-2025 school year.

Northwestern State University of Louisiana’s Student Government Association has announced results from the Spring 2024 election for senators of the 2024-2025 academic year.

Following the recent constitution changes made by SB.S. 2024-01, the senate composition now includes 19 senators: three from each of the four academic colleges, four senators at large and three freshman elected in the following fall semester. SB.S. 2024-01, also, removed the position of Secretary creating a SGA of 22 members.

SGA announced officers Terrell Woodard Jr. as president-elect, Hannah Davis as vice president-elect and Alexander Engstrom as treasurer-elect.

The 2024-2025 academic senators are Lyndsay Brown, Christopher Compas and Madysen Morgan from the College of Business and Technology; Chris James, Zenobia Poydras and Kylan Williams from the College of Arts and Sciences; Mykia Freeney, Nik Jordan and Aniyah Smith from the College of Nursing and Allied Health and Gabrielle Bellard, James Taylor and Janaya Woodard from the College of Education and Human Development.

Honor Camus, Madison Cook, Chimani Murphy and Madison Raymond were announced as senators-at-large.

Three freshman senators will be announced in the Fall 2024 semester within the Homecoming Court election results.

These newly elected SGA members will be sworn in on April 18, 2024, in the Friedman Student Union Ballroom.